Announcing the cancellation of the 2017 Australian Cross Triathlon Champs & MultiSport Festival.
In2Adventure are truly saddened to announce that the 2017 Australian Cross Triathlon Championships and MultiSport Festival scheduled for March 2017 in the Snowy Mountains has had to be cancelled.
Despite the Australian Champs & MultiSport Festival being scheduled almost twelve months in advance, this very difficult decision has had to be made due to the 2017 NSW Triathlon Club Championships being scheduled on the same weekend in regional NSW. Due to the nature of the Club Championships it would be impossible to have two triathlon events planned on the same weekend in New South Wales and for them both to be a success.
Unfortunately, prior to the announcement from Triathlon NSW on Friday 30th September 2016 no communication about the possible rescheduling or relocation of this event in regional NSW was received.
Since the announcement in September, every effort has been made to avoid this decision including:
- Attempts to reschedule dates at Lake Crackenback Resort & Spa, which unfortunately due to its popularity have no free weekends in February or March 2017;
- Attempts to mediate with Triathlon NSW to identify if dates could be changed for the Club Championships. We were advised that the Club Championships date could not be change; and
- Discussions with Triathlon Australia to look at avoiding such date clashes with a sanctioned National Championships in the future.
The announcement is especially disappointing after the amazing 2016 Snowy Mountains ITU Cross Triathlon World Championships also held at Lake Crackenback Resort & Spa. We love bringing competitors and fans to the Snowy Mountains area to enjoy this spectacular region. We are saddened to have to cancel an event that brings so much joy to competitors and especially the local community who have provided such overwhelming support for the event.
For those who have already entered events on this weekend a full refund will be made back to your credit card in the next three weeks.
We deeply apologise for any disappointment from this announcement. We are extremely upset that we have had to make this decision as the annual championships are something that we look forward to and anticipate each season.
The In2Adventure team are truly sorry for this unfortunate news, and hopefully we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you to our next TreX event at the Qld Cross Triathlon Championships & MultiSport Festival on the 11th & 12th of February, 2017 on Queensland’s spectacular Sunshine Coast. Find out more here or at another event in the future.
2018 Date Saver
You may like to include a date saver in your calendar for the following events:
9th – 11th February 2018: Snowies Mountain Bike Festival, Snowy Mountains, NSW
24th – 25th February 2018: TreX Cross Triathlon Championships, Snowy Mountains, NSW
Robyn & Simon & the In2Adventure Team
In2Adventure are Asia-Pacific’s premier adventure event specialists. With a full calendar of national events scheduled throughout Australia, including adventure races, cross triathlon, XC Mountain Bike, trail runs and corporate events, In2Adventure fully embraces all things ‘off road’ and ‘off the beaten track’ and offers a unique, individual experience for all ages and skill levels. For more information, visit In2Adventure.
UPCOMING EVENTS (2016):
- TreX X-Tri 2017 QLD Championships & Multisport Festival: Sunshine Coast Hinterland, QLD |11-12 February 2017
- 2018 Snowies MTB Festival: Snowy Mountains, NSW | 9-11 February, 2018
- 2018 TreX Cross Triathlon Championships & MultiSport Festival: Snowy Mountains, NSW | 24-25 February, 2018
Join the #in2adventure conversation
- Visit > our website
- Follow > us on Twitter#TreXTri #GetDirtyDownUnder
- Like > us on Facebook
- Look > on Instagram#TreXTri #GetDirtyDownUnder
- Watch > In2Adventure TV
- Link > to us on Linkedin
Robyn Lazenby | Nicole Hutton
Media Manager | Public Relations
+61 414 282 084