With the current flooding that is happening in Brisbane we would like to send our thoughts to all those in areas that have been impacted by the floods. During this time we have had a number of enquiries regarding upcoming events and many of those enquiries have expressed a hope that the events would go ahead, as it would be something positive to look forward to.

The Weather Forecast
The curernt weather forecast is expecting rain on the Sunshine Coast to ease tomorrow with a positive forecast moving forward to the weekend. Current forecast is Fine and mostly sunny for Saturday 2nd & Sunday 3rd February.

The Course
There are some sections of the MTB course (approx 300m) currently under water, however the good news is that because the course at Twin Waters is based on sand, from last years experience we know that the track hardens in wet weather and it drains very quickly. Who knew there would be some advantage in building a MTB course on sand? 🙂

The Contingency Plan
Currently there are some sections under water and we have an alternate course route in the unlikely circumstance that these sections do not dry out by next Saturday. Based on the information we have, we fully expect these areas to dry out. The contingency plan means that we may lose some of the track that was developed for the event (approx 300m) and there could be a small section (approx 300m) on tarmac, which will allow us to avoid the wet areas. All possible environmental impacts have been taken into consideration and plans made to manage these if they occur.

The Decision to Move Forward
So with a contingency plan in place, and because of the wishes expressed to us by most, we have made the decision to move forward with the event on the original dates, 2nd & 3rd February, 2013

As always the future and the weather are unpredictable.  We have made this announcement based on the best information we have available to us at this time; however, we will be monitoring the weather conditions, the course and other aspects over the next few days and will keep you updated if anything changes.

ALL SYSTEMS GO!
But for now, thanks to your support and feedback, it’s ALL SYSTEMS GO!
We can’t predict the weather but we can promise a fantastic weekend with great company, a spectacular race location and an awesome chance to race, relax and enjoy yourself in the company of some fantastic people!  And after all… we know that Tre-X competitors are HARDCORE when it comes to triathlon

If you would like to discuss anything in relation to this information, please don’t hesitate to contact us on the details below.

Best wishes
Robyn & Simon & the In 2 Adventure Team

Contact Details:
Simon Lazenby                                       Robyn Lazenby
Tel: 0414 320585                                   Tel: 0414 282084
Email: Simon@in2adventure.com.au      Email: Robyn@in2adventure.com.au

 

January 27th, 2014 / Media Release